Mark Jennings has worked for organisations as diverse as Sky, Jimmy Choo, Samsung and Scottish Power, as well as government, arts and third sector. He has some interesting things to say about hiring an agency and how a social media campaign works and how the results are measured.
Don’t hire the agency - hire the people!
Mark was a guest on our very first show talking about what worked and didn’t work in social media in 2012.
Follow Mark on Twitter @MarkofRespect
Mark has a blog Click to Exit and a monthly newsletter with news of all things digital.
These are some highlights from his work:
- Helped Jimmy Choo become one of the most engaged Facebook communities in the world.
- Redeveloped the website of a company manufacturing super plus size compression stockings and womens wide calf compression socks to achieve a first month increase of 62.7% unique users, average daily visits doubled and repeat visits climbing to 88%.
- Demonstrated first financial KPI from a social media campaign for Sky.
- Wrote social media strategy for Glee that achieved 3x the average reach and was the first to use Twitter’s Promoted Products in the UK.
- Launched the James Bond book ‘Carte Blanche’ online, achieving a first week sales increase of 54% vs. nearest similar book launch.
- Back in 1998 I creating the world’s first online Carbon Calculator for the UK government, launched by the Minister for the Environment.